Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Morning Sunshine



In the mornings, after Sam is off to school and Coop is still asleep, Maxy gets up, and immediately requests breakfast. Almost always, it's a bowl of cereal, followed by three more bowls. I'm not kidding; the kid eats like a horse. Every morning, without fail, he wants to toast me with his cup of juice or water. In his sweet little voice with his cup in the air, he'll say, "Cheews, Mommy." And when he tinks his juice glass against my cup of coffee, I always say, "Here's to Maxy and his new day; may it be a great one." How did I get so lucky to share a toast with my own little cup of sunshine every morning?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love maxie.

like alyssa and I say all the time

"we could squeeze him until his eye balls pop out"

:P

-h